tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] Improved keyboard handling

From: Thomas Beierlein
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] Improved keyboard handling
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2016 17:36:51 +0100

Am Tue, 5 Jan 2016 09:48:46 -0600
schrieb Nate Bargmann <address@hidden>:

> * On 2016 05 Jan 08:57 -0600, Nate Bargmann wrote:
> > As I recall the keys with the suffix of '3' are Ctl-key
> > combinations and the ones with the suffix of '5' are Alt-key
> > combinations.
>
> It's exactly the reverse (I should test rather than rely on memory),
> corrected version follows:
>
> keys with the suffix of '3' are Alt-key combinations.
> Keys with the suffix of '5' are Ctl-key combinations.
>
> 73, Nate

Yes, thats the way it is.

Here just a test with your program for the PgUp and PgDn on three
terminals:

            xfce terminal   xterm       rxvt
Ctrl-PgUp       --         550 kPRV5   530 kPRV5
Ctrl-PgDn       --         545 kNXT5   528 kNXT5
Alt-PgUp    548 kPRV3      548 kPRV5   338 KEY_NPAGE
Alt-PgDn    543 kNXT3      543 kNXT5   339 KEY_PPAGE

By the way there is a very easy way to check the plain keycodes from a
terminal. Just type

$ cat<enter>

and then you will get all key sequences for any key you press (minus
the ones that your terminal strips out - e.g. for Ctrl-PgUp/PgDn in
xfce terminal).

73, de Tom DL1JBE

--
"Do what is needful!"