tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] WARC bands

From: Ervin Hegedüs
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] WARC bands
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 14:14:23 +0100

Hello,

On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 02:05:56PM +0200, Zilvinas, AUGMA wrote:

> On 2014.02.26 10:37, Ervin Hegedüs wrote:
> >... if anybody has any more idea, please shere with us.
>
> 1. Nothing new - I would like to rise the Tom's question for one key
> mode switching - I miss it - that typing semicolons and 2/3 letters
> in qso mode is annoying (mix category in contests apply too)

good idea - I miss it too.

I would go further: it would be great, if some thing we could
switch/modify from a "panel", which would be access from
anywhere. I mean, the CW speed could be changed from call input
field, if the callsign is empty, or - as you wrote - the mode
switch. There would be only one "decorated" shortkey, when it
pressed, the short-settings panel comes up, and you can use
other, dedicated shortkeys, or explicit values...

> 2. I saw somewhere in the code that tlf knows what are the band limits.
> What about automatic mode switching (something like f.e.
> ENABLE_AUTOMODE) depending in what band segment vfo is currently on?

I think this is a little bit "dangerous", and it must be
override. Just think about the different between FSK/AFSK modes.
Or (a good example), recently was the ARRL DX CW, on 40m band the
stations had worked over 7.040 kHz too, up until the 7.060 kHz -
but that is the SSB segment.

> 3. Maybe tlf could follow mode swithching from rig's panel too ?
> (also with ENABLE_FOLLOW_RIG_MODE)

similar as above: if you switch to SSB, because you want to work on
AFSK/PSK mode, Tlf how could know, in which mode you're using?
DIGI or SSB?

73,

Ervin
HA2OS