tlf-devel

[Tlf-devel] Early preview of new bandmap function for TLF-1.1

From: Thomas Beierlein
Subject: [Tlf-devel] Early preview of new bandmap function for TLF-1.1
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2011 16:41:46 +0200

In last time I did some work to add a new bandmap display to TLF. The
existing one is severly limited with only 8 visible entries and the
growing use of cluster spots in contests can no longer be met.

Please find a very early preview of the new bandmap display at

http://www.staff.hs-mittweida.de/~tb/tlf-1.1.0pre1.tar.gz

Best try these version with a cluster connection and a connected rig.
Building is done as usual.

Please read the 'New-Bandmap.txt' file in the main directory to get an
idea of the new bandmap and how to use it.

At the time being there are still several known problems and
limitiations:

- Color display works not for every TERM and terminal combination as
  before (tested with TERM=xterm and KDE terminal as well as TERM=linux
  and a normal linux text console).
- If there are a lot of spots we need a way to scroll the display.
- The actual operating frequency should be shown on the map.
- The algorithm to check for dupes ignores the working mode and does
  look only for the band.
- The scoring window should be moved out of the way, turn it off with
  Ctrl-S for the moment.

Please test and give some feedback. Bug reports and improvement
suggestions are welcome.

73, de Tom DL1JBE.

--
"Do what is needful!"