tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] fldigi & tlf

From: Joop Stakenborg
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] fldigi & tlf
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 19:15:10 +0100

Op vrijdag 23-11-2007 om 04:27 uur [tijdzone +0100], schreef Martin
Kratoska:
> Tlf - I believe any ideas to run it with fldigi or similar program is
> meaningless until the principal bugs became fixed. See here:
>
> http://www.ok1rr.com/tlf-bugs/index.html
>
> It is rather uneasy to say that the latest tlf 0.9.30 is more than a
> year old (better said 1,5) and the development seems to be stopped. I
> would appreciate if Rein would inform us about the tlf future. There is
> not very strong need of new features (but, of course, it will be highly
> appreciated) but a bugfix version is more than needed.

I would like to work on it, once I have some other things sorted out.
Problem is, Rein's code isn't very easy to read. I am not trying to
critize Rein, but I now myself how hard it is to write software which is
understandable to other people.

> My apologies for my unpleasant comments.

They were not unpleasant to me.... I liked the technical details of
compiling a kernel which can handle 60 wpm..... ;-)

> 73,
> Martin, OK1RR

Joop, PG4I