tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] Another bug TLF 0.9.29

From: Rein Couperus PA0R
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] Another bug TLF 0.9.29
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2006 12:35:59 +0200

On Wed, 2006-04-05 at 00:04 +0200, Martin Kratoska wrote:
> The command :CHAR behaves wild. If set, only the number of characters
> set are sent out regardless of number actually written into call field.
> If set to 2, I'm unable to send the call PA0R ... after typing of the A
> tlf starts to send but even if I finish typing the call before the Morse
> sending terminates, only PA is sent out.

I checked this, and it still works as planned... If I set CHAR to 2, and
type OK1RR 'ENTER', the whole call is sent. Sending starts after the 2nd
character is input, and the rest is sent after you hit 'ENTER'. You have
to practise a bit with this... it made me nervous at the beginning but
after some time you don't know it helps you in the background by
starting sending the call 2 chars earlier... You should start with
char=4  and speed=06 :) I am a fast typer, and I never needed this
feature.

> I am unable to set the colors, it is probably due to the terminal I am
> using (xterm in KDE).

Xterm does not have capabilities for this. The KDE terminal works fine,
as well as the GNOME term.

> There is no way to force tlf to progress QSO if the exchange field is
> empty (applies to the dxpedition and qso modes). tlf needs something in
> the exchange field to send the exchange, a space is sufficient. For both
> these modes, it should work also if the exchange window is empty (the
> need to press the spacebar is rather annoying if you plan to send just
> 599 and nothing more).

Repaired in tlf-0.9.30 for dxped mode.
In qso mode you can store the qso with '\' (backslash).

73,

Rein PA0R