tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] Another bug TLF 0.9.29

From: Martin Kratoska
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] Another bug TLF 0.9.29
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2006 13:16:48 +0200

Hello Rein,

many thanks! dxped works as expected now, perfect work as usual!

I checked this, and it still works as planned... If I set CHAR to 2, and
type OK1RR 'ENTER', the whole call is sent. Sending starts after the 2nd
character is input, and the rest is sent after you hit 'ENTER'.

You hit the nail, Rein! It is the ENTER whioch I find 'redundant'. If using the TRlog, its autosend option is the thing pulling the rate up, because THERE IS NO ENTER! You have to type fast enough to finish the call before the transmitting stops. After the transmitting stops, the cursor jumps automatically into exchnage field. In the expedition mode (=no exchange, just report), you need only a single ENTER to make the whole QSO - that's the thing I meant!

BTW if using ] (RST can be changed), the RST should be not sent until appropriate number is pressed (7 for 579 etc.) - again, like in TR. But switching char: off is also not bad, assuming that if I want to give another report than 599 the rate isn't too high... Leave it as is...

TLF is an exciting piece of software. Do you know that I placed the 1st world in CQ WPX CW 2004 80m HP with TLF? Your program was a real top-dog!

73,
Martin, OK1RR
I am unable to set the colors, it is probably due to the terminal I am using (xterm in KDE).

Xterm does not have capabilities for this. The KDE terminal works fine,
as well as the GNOME term.

There is no way to force tlf to progress QSO if the exchange field is empty (applies to the dxpedition and qso modes). tlf needs something in the exchange field to send the exchange, a space is sufficient. For both these modes, it should work also if the exchange window is empty (the need to press the spacebar is rather annoying if you plan to send just 599 and nothing more).

Repaired in tlf-0.9.30 for dxped mode.
In qso mode you can store the qso with '\' (backslash).

73,

Rein PA0R

73,
Martin, OK1RR