tlf-devel

[Tlf-devel] Re: Kind of wishlist...

From: reincouperus
Subject: [Tlf-devel] Re: Kind of wishlist...
Date: Sun, 07 Nov 2004 11:39:28 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Pekka, nice to hear you were able to get the voice keyer working.
Some remarks from my side (short because of pactor link)...

Documentation: you are absolutely right. It is a battle between
writing
some nice new features the users want and the description of what is
there already. I think this is an area where the user community could
help me a bit (YOU are now an expert in the tlf voice keyer!!!)

I like your remark about BSD/Windows. I think there is somebody on this
list who runs tlf under BSD (pse stand up!!). Unfortunately I don't
know anything about the other OS, (only that I have to use it for
winlink...)

Voice keyer:

tlf has already the ability to use different files per operator.
You start tlf with 'tlf -fFRANK.cfg' and use different .wav
files for the function keys (F1=frank1.wav). This can also be on a USB
stick
by the way...
- I will have a look into the S&P case... easy to do.
- I think the ESC already stops the voice keyer... will look.
- I like the idea of the single characters. Do you want them per
operator?

other things:

- You can have different setups for each op... (tlf -fFRANK.cfg)
- I use Note in the log to flag operator change...
- I will introduce a NOLOG flag for read-only terminals in the network
they will be able to generate spots, but no logging.
- tlf flushes the log to disk after every qso.
- I use a separate computer on the network which gathers all logs...
you
can use this also to copy the log to the internet with a simple html
generator...

My 2 cents worth....

73, Rein F/PA0R/M in Honfleur, Normandy