Re: [Tinycc-devel] Call for testing

From: Aharon Robbins
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Call for testing
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2013 10:36:05 +0200

Hi Thomas.

TCC on the mob branch has progressed quite a lot.  I use it for testing
compilation of gawk (GNU Awk). It is quite fast, which is a significant
pleasure compared to gcc or clang.  The released version did compile
gawk but many tests would fail.

I use it on x86_64 Linux.  All of the tests compile, but there is a known
issue with relocations when building shared libraries such that two of
the tests based on shared libraries fail.

I personally would love to see that issue fixed before a release, but I
understand that it may not happen.  If you wish to test:

        git clone git://git.savannah.gnu.org/gawk.git
        cd gawk
        ./configure CC=tcc && make && make check

Thanks,

Arnold Robbins