Re: [Tinycc-devel] TinyCC-Win32 Port Created on Sf.net

From: Fabrice Bellard
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] TinyCC-Win32 Port Created on Sf.net
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 00:15:32 +0200

Charlie Gordon wrote:
Of course the CVS repository has been in public access on Savannah for quite
some time, that's what I meant by "TinyCC lives on Savannah".  I was
referring to the 'C' part of CVS : "concurrent"...  the ability for multiple
developers to contribute and if you think that is palatable, for multiple
versions to co-exist (in branches that can be merged back).

So far there is only one member on the project...

I understand Thomas' urge to host his progress somewhere and let others join
in the effort.  Why not set rules on concurrent development that will keep
the project under control and avoid splitting.  Using CVS branches might be
a viable alternative.

Tell us your thoughts.

OK. I understand better now. Here is my policy: as in other projects, I give CVS write access only to users submitting interesting patches regulary. I cannot give CVS write access to users submitting only one bug fix or to every user promising to do interesting things. Submitting patches to the mailing list is the first step to get CVS write access.

About branches: I see no reason to make a branch now.

Fabrice.