thug

Re: [Thug] THUG #2

From: Simon Law
Subject: Re: [Thug] THUG #2
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 23:24:50 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 14 Dec 2001, James Morrison wrote:

> --- Simon Law <address@hidden> wrote:
> > So...
> >
> >       When are we holding THUG #2?  I remember Jim and I talking
> about
> > hijacking the Comfy Lounge.  With any luck (and a little cash), we
> > should be able to get power and network connectivity in there.  (Is
> > there already 802.11b?)
> >
> >       I think there was also talk of a Hurd Installfest, but I'm a
> > little fuzzy on that.
> >
> > Simon
> >

>         Ok, my thoughts:
>
>         Date:  January 26, 2002
>
>         Computers: presentation machine, needs X
>                 unknown, I can get X up and running, but my machine
> is not
>                 portable.
>
>                 Install machine,
>                 Simon has one for this purpose, if we have a place to
> get
>                 onto a network, we can setup a cool signature and
> send one
>                 email.  eg a ~/.signature with a fortune and uptime
> of the
>                 machine.
>
>         Important event: Drink!!!

        Alright.  I can use my laptop as the presentation machine.
It'll run GNU/Linux though.  Otherwise, you'll have to dig up a desktop
machine for your presentation, if you want it to be Hurd based.

        I've got a dinky old Pentium machine that can be used as an
install machine.  It would be best to try it out beforehand, as it has
some unsavoury hardware inside it.

        Drinking may be difficult at the Comfy lounge.  Maybe we'd go
out to town in order to arrange that.

Simon