Re: [Texmacs-dev] TeXmacs server

From: Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] TeXmacs server
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2006 08:13:26 -0500

Hi,

Is nice to see the TeXmacs Wiki idea. None of the Wikis I know have a nice WYSIWYG/WYSIWYM to enable mathematical writing. I was thinking in TeXmacs as an external editor of some of the existing wikis (my prefered one is Moin). In this case, we would need some kind of server client protocol to talk with the Wiki saying to it wich will be the kind of content that wil be added and may be some kind of mime type or preferences in our wiki account will say what is our prefered editor for this kind of content. This would mean also that we would need a general system for seeing differences between changes in documents, in a more general fashion that the actual Wikis. May be wikis based on SVN, like Trac or SVNwiki would be more suited for this kind of vision. In the case of the contents generated by TeXmacs, would be nice to have the posibility to put some kind of forms for the input in CAS sessions, so the web user of TeXmacs Documents could use CAS via web and see the output in a nice fashion.

¿How you envision that the effort of TeXmacs Wiki could be integrated with previous/other wiki engines?

Cheers and nice to see you here again Joris :)

Offray

Pdt: About translations, I would like to say something more, as one of the main translators of spanish documentation. The Wiki Way is the Way for me to make the translations easily available for a lot of people and integrated with localiced versions of TeXmacs, but we need some kind of "transwiki" wich can say wich paragraphs are in correspondence with original doc, and wich ones are outdated. Po4a has a lot of nice reflexions on the translation of Free Software issues.