Re: [Texmacs-dev] TeXmacs server

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] TeXmacs server
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 11:15:05 +0200

On Fri, Jun 02, 2006 at 09:37:50AM +0200, Norbert Nemec wrote:
> PS: Seriously - is a native client-server protocol in TeXmacs really in
> demand? Compared to many other features that really would help smoothing
> out annoyances in every-day user experience.

In the first place, it is something which I want to use myself for
different reasons (both chatting and CVS-ing my mass of documents).

Secondly, I need to integrate generalized hyperlinks in a deep way into
TeXmacs for many reasons (one of them being to reshape the interface).
It is very natural to combine this with the idea of a document server
which handles unique ID's better than a normal file system.

Finally, I eventually want to boost contributions of documentation and
translations. In particular, I hope to create a TeXmacs wiki soon,
which will be available directly from within TeXmacs.

Best wishes, Joris