Re: [Texmacs-dev] Re: Improved facilities for benchmarking

From: skhilji
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Re: Improved facilities for benchmarking
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 22:33:13 -0400

----- Original Message -----
> Hello Joris,
>
> Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Timing ] Task 'typeset' took 10626 ms
> > Timing ] Task 'find font' took 9176 ms (72

This is meant to be a reply to Joris...not David.

This is really strange to me.  I really cannot belive it.  On my computer
(TeXmacs compiled non-optimized and with debug symbols), it generates the
complete User Manual in about 90 seconds.  Does it mean that if we fix
find_font() this time could be reduced to just 90 - 9176/10626 * 90 = 12
seconds?????

I don't have the TeXmacs sources handy but if all find_font does is return the
path to the font file.  We can then temporarity put all the font paths in an
STL vector for all possible inputs values.  This will uickly tell us how much
time we would save by fixing find_font.

Salman