[Texmacs-dev] Understanding cursor->delta

From: skhilji
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] Understanding cursor->delta
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 15:37:12 -0400

According to the documentation, the delta in the cursor is only need to detect
"environment changes".  I have been experimenting with it the following way:

I first removed, the delta member variable from cursor_rep and then recompiled
TeXmacs.  Everywhere delta was used, I set it to 0.  All the compilation errors
were fixed by removing any reference to cursor->delta.  Then I typed in TeXmacs:

Testing<with|font-series|bold|BOLD>attributes

When moving the cursor with my keyboard left and right, I did not find any
difference whatsoever.

So why do we need it?  I was kind of hoping that I would see a difference in
the way the cursor behaved across the boundary of the word "BOLD" in my
testcase.

Salman