Re: [Texmacs-dev] HTML problems with 1.0.3.7

From: David Allouche
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] HTML problems with 1.0.3.7
Date: Sun, 2 May 2004 14:21:54 +0200

On Sat, Apr 24, 2004 at 06:22:29PM +0200, Álvaro Tejero Cantero wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've just installed TM 1.0.3.7 from the ftp.texmacs.org experimental
> debian repository.
>
> I was browsing the web with my previous version (1.0.3) without any
> problem. In fact it's very nice to typeset webpages in order to have a
> pleasant reading experience :).
>
> But when upgrading, high dots (higher than ·) have replaced spaces and
> the spacing in code excerpts appear screwed.

That's a recurrent bug in the HTML import filter.

The abovedot character in the Cork encoding corresponds to the newline
character in ASCII. When for some reason the string translation handler
is not applied to string nodes in the imported document, it causes lots
of abovedot characters to show up.

--
                                                            -- ddaa