Re: [Texmacs-dev] French translation devel branch

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] French translation devel branch
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 11:46:28 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Michele,

> > To start with, you might try to adapt the tutorial on the web to
> > the texmacs-doc style.
> Don't tempt me, please :-) Well, I've begun, but I should not have to
> (must revise this networking stuff I'm completely allergic to :-).

Great!!! Thanks!!!

> Some questions:
>
> 1 - Could you tell me the dimension of the TeXmacs window you use to
> take screenshot.

That depends on the example...

I just tried to fit the examples nicely in the images and
use a uniform size for sequences of screenshots.

> 2 - Do you use any magnifying factor to integrate them in TeXmacs
> document. Those in $HOME/.TeXmacs seem very small when inserting into a
> file, not the same size as in all other doc files.

The default import at shrinking factor = 4.

> 3 - Where can I find the original icon files? Some in
> texmacs-doc/images/pixmaps do not come in the doc (problem with depth).
> I have to change them at least for testing purpose.

I could not solve this issue in a satisfactory way either.
All icons are in misc/pixmaps.

> 4 - The screenshots on the web sites do not correspond anymore to the
> TeXmacs window (I've not checked the other screenshots used in other
> parts of documentation but I'll guess this could be the same). So I've
> changed some of them since it can be very confusing for the user not to
> retrieve the same GUI. OK?

Yes. Nevertheless, text is more urgent than the images.
People can easily imagine changes in the image,
but they can't invent the text ;^)

> 5 - The files corresponding to the branch Getting started: Starting
> TeXmacs, Creating a text, User Interfaces on the web site are already
> conform to the web site. But as it implies to add a number of new files
> (either files which only have branch tags or detailed files) and whose
> name I've invented (not sure if they conform strictly to your needs),
> I'm currently working outside of cvs, in order not to mess with the
> existing files. Is there a way we can work (once I've finished the
> whole conversion), so that you can check if the naming is conform,
> before I integrate the changes in cvs?

Just send me a tarball.

> 6 - I propose afterwards, if you are interested, to translate the
> tutorial on the web too (not a big deal as it will be already done for
> the tutorial integrated in TeXmacs.

Great, yes.

> 7 - The balloon help inside a menu do not work on my system (Mac OS
> 10.2.5), though they work on icon bars. Is it a known bug?

We did not implement balloon help for menu items yet,
although several people requested this feature.
Maybe another idea for the future...

> Take your time to reply me, as I have the dangerous habit to jump into
> the work as soon as I have a reply.

Too late!!!

But I'll leave you to your exams next time...