Re: [Texmacs-dev] shortcuts and big parantheses (done)

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] shortcuts and big parantheses (done)
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 10:53:16 +0200 (CEST)

> Well, I wrote /something/ using the code David showed me earlier today.
> It's patch 1380 on savannah.  I was able to define wildcards for bracket
> pairs like {} () || <> etc, as well as (] and [), for intervals, and |>
> and <| for bras and kets.
>
> I added the code for creating pairs of brackets David gave me earlier
> into a file called
>
> progs/texmacs/library/math.scm
>
> which I referenced from kbd-math.scm .

In fact, what we really need is a user option
which defines the way brackets are entered in math-mode.
In that case, you may create a mode such that typing '('
would insert '()'. This also avoids the multiplication of
all sorts of keyboard bindings.

However, I am not yet settled about the way this should work.
One might also imagine that '()' becomes part of
the structure itself (and similarly for mathematical operations).
Cf. MathML content markup vs. MathML presentation markup.

> I have also added properly defined shortcuts for make-wide-under and
> make-above and make-below.

I have to think about a good keyboard prefix for make-wide-under.
In any case, something starting with 'math'.