[Texmacs-dev] Use of unquote-splicing

From: David Allouche
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] Use of unquote-splicing
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 14:10:56 +0100

In the (modified) application of the patch #864 (menu File->Page
setup) I see the use of a form `(... (x . ,y) ...). I remember seeing
a similar problem somewhere else. That is bad practise, it is even
unsure it is allowed by the language, though nothing seems to forbid
it.

What should by used instead is unquote-splicing. See R5RS:

http://www.schemers.org/Documents/Standards/R5RS/HTML/r5rs-Z-H-7.html#%_sec_4.2.6

That yields a form: `(... (x ,@ y) ...)

Is there any good reason (other from incomplete knowledge of the
Scheme language) not to use unquote splicing?

--
David Allouche         | GNU TeXmacs -- Writing is a pleasure
Free software engineer |    http://www.texmacs.org