[Texmacs-dev] Linux Weekly News announces TeXmacs 1.0.1

From: David Allouche
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] Linux Weekly News announces TeXmacs 1.0.1
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 01:23:56 +0100

This is a great day for us all TeXmacs advocates. Linux Weekly News,
the great netzine about free software has just published my proposed
article, unedited and original typos included.

You can find it on the "Office application" section of the Development
page, just where LyX got its announcement last week and next to
Abiword weekly news and Gnumeric release announcements.

  Weekly development page: http://lwn.net/Articles/18656/
  TeXmacs announcement page: http://lwn.net/Articles/18913/

Sorry, the weekly pages are now subscriber-only (they get public after
one week). That was required to let the netzine go on after Tucows
withdrawn its support. However the weekly $5 USD is really worth it.
You get all the important news (legal, security, kernel. development,
distributions, news cuts) in a nice package so you can be a busy
developer and still up to date with what matters to free software.

Hopefully, we might get as much coverage from LWN as LyX, our best
enemy ;-) Having a faster release cycle for stable versions would most
certainly help.

PS: by the way, today (well, actually yesterday) is my birthday.

Happy GNU year everyone.

--
David Allouche         | GNU TeXmacs -- Writing is a pleasure
Free software engineer |    http://www.texmacs.org