Re: [5776] info variable 'mouse'

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [5776] info variable 'mouse'
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2014 22:18:29 GMT

    address@hidden mouse
    +What method to use to get input from a mouse device.  The default value is
    address@hidden, which makes Info use ``normal tracking mode'' if
    +it detects that the terminal supports it.  If the value is @code{Off},
    +mouse tracking is disabled.

Based on the other changes, I guess this is specifically about a mouse's
scroll wheel?  I think the doc should say that.  From the description
above, I have no real clue what it means.  "Tracking" sounds like just
moving the mouse.

Also, I suggest explicitly saying that mouse button presses are not
supported.  Or are supported, if they are.  Once anything about the
mouse is supported, it wouldn't be unreasonable for users to expect all
normal mouse functions to work.

Thanks,