texi2html

Re: [Texi2html] realease

From: Nigel Jones
Subject: Re: [Texi2html] realease
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 11:50:03 +1200

On 20/08/05, Patrice Dumas <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think we should do a new release once the issue of the documentation
> licence is cleared, now that the images licence issue is cleared. I also
> added a section in the manual about incompatibilities with older version, I
> think this could be nice to have it online to be able to point people to
> that documentation, I have seen on debian mailing lists archives that their
> update to 1.76 broke a lot of things.
>
> After rereading the documentation licence it seems that it doesn't contradict
> the GPL, it is a very permissive licence. I still think that we should change
> it to a GPL adapted for documentation to have the same copyright notice
> outputed and in the comments. What's your advice?
For packaging to Debian I feel it should not be a problem to leave it
as is for now, there are plenty of programs that are now reporting
non-free documentation on this side of the sarge release.  Personally
I'd like to see the fixes to the 3 RC bugs uploaded, (so everything
will build again).

But looking at it from your side it'd most likely be better to sort
the licence issues first.