Re: [Synaptic-devel] [Patch] better RPM error reporting

From: Michael Vogt
Subject: Re: [Synaptic-devel] [Patch] better RPM error reporting
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 21:14:55 +0200

On Fri, Jul 23, 2004 at 08:19:11PM +0200, Leendert Meyer wrote:
> On Friday 23 July 2004 19:17, Michael Vogt wrote:
>
> > attached is a patch against the current trunk of the synaptic
> > repository (but it should apply to 0.52 as well).
>
> That's interesting! :)

Yep :) I hope it works well.

> > It adds error reporting for cases like failures in gpg checks. I would
> > be interessted in testing from rpm users. I wonder if it plays nicley
> > with vte on rpm systems (I can't test it as my suse install does only
> > have 0.11.10 and I need 0.11.11).
>
> Before trying out (on SuSE 9.1), I like to know: what's 'vte'?

Synaptic can run rpm in a terminal window as well. The terminal is
called vte and it's available for gtk programms. It's optional for rpm
as for rpm we have this nice dialog that hides the rpm output. It's
not a big thing, I'm just interessed if it works with this terminal
widget as well. You need vte-devel (version 0.11.11 or better) and
then build synaptic with "./configure --with-vte".

thanks,
 Michael

--
The first rule of holes is: when you find yourself in one, stop digging. - PJ