[Synaptic-devel] very slow performance over network

From: George M. Sipe
Subject: [Synaptic-devel] very slow performance over network
Date: 1 Jul 2004 14:35:55 -0000

synaptic is great locally, but slow over a LAN and unbearable over a WAN.  As I
type this message, I am waiting for it to finish "Building Dependency Tree" for
an X11 connection forwarded via ssh over the net.  At the rate it is running,
it may take an hour to open.

gkrellm shows a lot of net I/O.  I think synaptic may be updating the bar graph
far too often.

Thank you for your work on this important tool.  Please accept this as a bug
report.  I am using version 0.48.2.