Re: [Synaptic-devel] Build-Error on SuSE 9.1 i386

From: Sebastian Heinlein
Subject: Re: [Synaptic-devel] Build-Error on SuSE 9.1 i386
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 10:43:03 +0200

Am Fr, den 18.06.2004 um 11:20 Uhr +0300 schrieb Panu Matilainen:

> > Another issue with SuSE and RH (and other distros?) are the under-
> > sections separated by "/" in the section string. Would it be possible to
> > use a treeview in the category browser?
>
> Hmm, that might be useful for some purposes as well but at least on RHL/FC
> the package groups aren't useful at all for task-style operation.

The x times duplication of "Applications/" is just a mess and the lines
with the whole section string get quite long - too long for not needing
to scroll.

> > OT: I have problems to build apt-rpm on a SuSE x64 9.1 system. Are there
> > already any packages, Richard? I couldn't find any.
>
> Note that apt-rpm on multilib systems like x86_64 isn't all that smooth
> sailing. Or actually .. no problems as long as there aren't overlapping
> i386 and x86_64 packages but once you do (at least on RHEL and FC this is
> the case for a typical installion) things break rather spectacularly :-/

I cannot call an AMD64 my own and it was some time ago, so I have to
recall from memory: I think that apt wanted to link against the 32bit
bzip2 library, although I said configure to use the lib64 extension.

--
For private emails please write to
sebastian dot heinlein at web dot de