Re: [Swftools-common] pdf2swf tool conversion problem

From: Mladen Mijatovic
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] pdf2swf tool conversion problem
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2014 11:17:31 +0200

Thanks for the answer, Peter. I am testing it now with -G option. Maybe this will solve my problem, cause I can not depend on optimising in Acrobat, there will be files on my server added from many users, so can't control that. Maybe to reduce file size for pdf that can be uploaded, cause this is way to much for now, 500Mb, but it is customer requirement.

Best regards,
Mladen.

We've found that it's very useful to optimize pdf by using Acrobat before pdf2swf processing. In many cases it solved the problem you mentioned.

Regards, Peter

Hi,

I am using SWFTools, especially pdf2swf. But I have problems with a size of pdf docs, I am trying to convert some pdf's that are from 120Mb - 460Mb. Is this possible? I am getting error 'This is too complex to render SWF, only supports 65536 shapes at once' . Can this be fixed with some of parameters in address@hidden command? I execute with poly2bitmap but this doesn't solve my problem.

I will try -s bitmap and --flatening. Is there some other option to help me and is some of those can produce bad swf quality?

Also I need some basic instructions on how to add some custom text watermark in swf file?

Thanks in advance.