Re: [Swftools-common] How to create SWF's which can be navigated indepen

From: Lists
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] How to create SWF's which can be navigated independently
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2014 11:44:49 +0000

On Wed, 22 Jan 2014 08:31:13 +0000
david hendy <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi,
> This issue relates to the viewing of SWF's converted from PDF
> documents which are then viewed on a web site which uses
> jQuery dialogs. I have found that when I view and navigate
> SWF's in 2 jQuery dialogs which are open simultaneously.
> in one SWF file interferes with navigation in the other. To be
> specific as soon as I click on a viewer button in one
> document the document being shown in the other dialog
> immediately returns to the starting page.

..which sounds like action taken on the content of one JQuery
dialog window is automatically refreshing the content of the
other. If so, it is unlikely to be an issue related to the swfs
themselves, or your conversion of them.  What happens when you load both
converted swfs in to the same browser window when
not using JQuery)?

>Perhaps there is a way of preventing
> this from happening through selecting different options when I
> convert the PDF to the SWF and combine the SWF with a viewer.

You could try placing a stop command after each frame ( page),
when you do your conversion,  by using the -t option of pdf2swf.
Just to see if the refresh still takes place.

HTH a little.

Regards,

Chris.