Re: [Swftools-common] about the wiki

From: Pablo Rodríguez
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] about the wiki
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2013 19:08:07 +0100

On 11/20/2013 11:14 PM, Lists wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Nov 2013 22:26:34 +0100 Pablo Rodríguez wrote:
>
>> This afternoon I have detected what it might be the second bug with
>> sound embedding. This time is when you embed .mp3 sound. The problem
>> is that the bug isn’t really properly reported until Matthias takes
>> notice of it.
>
> Care to provide us with an example (preferably with links to the
> original files)?

Thanks for the reply.

Here is the sample:

.flash filename="wrong-audio.swf" bbox=400x300 version=8
.sound audio "0-9_Male_Vocalized-Mike_Koenig-1919515312.mp3"

.play audio

.end

Sound file file can be found at
http://soundbible.com/2008-0-9-Male-Vocalized.html (in .mp3 and .wav
formats),

I guess this might be this particular sound, because of the too high
131k bit rate.

But I would really appreciate if you could check this. Right now I
wonder whether this is a bug in the Adobe player, since gnash can play
the sound to the end.

> IMHO, what would be good to see, is the ability
> to stream or embed sound files which are in other non-proprietary
> ( Open Source ) formats, i.e. .ogg and .flac.  This could maybe
> happen through possible allegiance with other Open Source Flash
> player projects.

As far as I have read the SWF specification, only Speex is supported as
patent-free format in Flash
(http://wwwimages.adobe.com/www.adobe.com/content/dam/Adobe/en/devnet/swf/pdf/swf-file-format-spec.pdf).

I hope they include the Opus codec (http://opus-codec.org/) in a not so
distant future...