[Swftools-common] PDF file conversion never completes in 0.9.2

From: Rayer, Jeff
Subject: [Swftools-common] PDF file conversion never completes in 0.9.2
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2013 15:59:27 +0000

I’m using Windows version 0.9.2 of swftools, and I have a PDF file that causes pdf2swf to go into some kind of loop or really slow conversion.  I’ve let the conversion run for a couple of days with the verbose option and it looks like pdf2swf is still processing the file, but it never completes.  This also occurs with Windows version 0.9.0 which is the latest version available for download.

I tried the latest development snapshot, and it solves the issue as the PDF file converts just fine.

So a couple of questions:

1)      Is the development snapshot stable enough to use in a production environment?

2)      Is there a timeframe for a Windows 0.9.3 version?

3)      I see that the swftools download page no longer has a 0.9.2 version for Windows. Should I not be using this version?

Regards,

Jeff