Re: [Swftools-common] PDF file conversion never completes in 0.9.2

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] PDF file conversion never completes in 0.9.2
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2013 16:55:28 -0700

On Thu, Aug 01, 2013 at 03:59:27PM +0000, Rayer, Jeff <address@hidden> wrote:
> So a couple of questions:
>
> 1)      Is the development snapshot stable enough to use in a production
> environment?

It's stable. No incompatible changes.

> 2)      Is there a timeframe for a Windows 0.9.3 version?

swftools is an open source project, so timeframes are tricky...
Also, the 0.9.3. version will probably the first one to use Poppler
instead of xpdf, and I haven't started merging that branch into master
yet.

> 3)      I see that the swftools download page no longer has a 0.9.2 version
> for Windows. Should I not be using this version?

No, that version is fine. But my hoster asked me to remove it from the
download page because it caused random virus scanner alerts. (One of
their virus tools thought it had found PUA.Win32.Packer.MingwGcc-2
because some byte sequences in the swftools installer happened to align
with its signature...)