Re: [Swftools-common] font issues

From: Chris
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] font issues
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2011 19:15:07 +0100

On Tue, 8 Mar 2011 18:07:51 +0200
Support Team <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello,I have dedicated server and i have swftools install on it.
> the swftools is working perfect with english pdfs and convert them to
> swf , the problem is when i try to convert hebrew pdfs or arabic or
> russian.than i see only pictures and other graphic elements
> but can't see text.
> i don't know how to resolve the problem and how to install and config
> additional fonts or install xpdf
> can you please help me with that?
> i"m willing to pay for this install and config.
> thank you very much

The extra fonts and information you require should be found here,

By all means post, or link to, an example pdf that is giving you
grief, and I or someone else will happily test it server side.

Is your server running a specific distro?  If so, then there is
probably a package updater in there somewhere, which should do
the worst of it for you.

Is it self-managed or managed?  If the latter, then the techs at
the other end could do it all for you.