Re: [Swftools-common] font issues

From: Chris
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] font issues
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2011 19:15:07 +0100

On Tue, 8 Mar 2011 18:07:51 +0200
Support Team <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello,I have dedicated server and i have swftools install on it.
> the swftools is working perfect with english pdfs and convert them to
> swf , the problem is when i try to convert hebrew pdfs or arabic or
> russian.than i see only pictures and other graphic elements
> but can't see text.
> i don't know how to resolve the problem and how to install and config
> additional fonts or install xpdf
> can you please help me with that?
> i"m willing to pay for this install and config.
> thank you very much

The extra fonts and information you require should be found here,

   http://www.foolabs.com/xpdf/download.html

   ftp://ftp.foolabs.com/pub/xpdf/

By all means post, or link to, an example pdf that is giving you
grief, and I or someone else will happily test it server side.

Is your server running a specific distro?  If so, then there is
probably a package updater in there somewhere, which should do
the worst of it for you.

Is it self-managed or managed?  If the latter, then the techs at
the other end could do it all for you.

HTH.

Chris
<address@hidden>