[Swftools-common] buggy pdf2sw conversion?

From: Pablo Rodríguez
Subject: [Swftools-common] buggy pdf2sw conversion?
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 21:49:55 +0100

Hi there,

by popular demand (thanks Chris ;-)), I start a new thread on what I think is the root problem of the CPU load 100% previous thread.

It isn't the sound, nor the script (although this one has plenty of room for improvement), the slides are the culprit.

The original PDF slides can be found at http://www.ousia.tk/al-abordaje.pdf.

The issue I described yesterday is that wrapping the slides converted from pdf2swf with the *keyboard_viewer.swf that comes with SWFTools* (I didn't write that code [so no UPs and DOWNs or other keystrokes])

And there is the issues that I cannot explain: why advancing slides is almost negligible and going back takes so long? Pressing the RIGHT holding the key for three seconds will advance about 75 slides (time roughly estimated [by no means perfect]) and then pressing the LEFT key only once will take one second to reach the previous slide (also roughly estimated).

Sorry, but I cannot express it in a different way: either there is a clear explanation for this behavior (and advancing a slide should take the same than going a slide back), or otherwise this is a buggy pdf2swf conversion.

Just in case it helps, PDF was generated by LuaTeX-0.65.

Thanks for your help,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk