Re: [Swftools-common] How To PDF2SWF Batch File Convert?

From: Chris
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] How To PDF2SWF Batch File Convert?
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 19:06:05 +0100

>On Wed, 10 Nov 2010 14:26:23 +0000
>Junaid Nazir <address@hidden> wrote:

> We are using the FlexPaper flash viewer (to display PDF files), but part of
> the process is to convert the original PDF files to SWF.  To convert a
> single PDF file we would use this at the command prompt:
>
> *C:\SWFTools\pdf2swf.exe Paper.pdf -o Paper.swf -f -T 9 -t -G -s
> storeallcharacters
>
> *However, what is the syntax to process multiple files in batch?  We have
> several thousand PDF files to convert listed under a folder.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Junaid Nazir
>
> SuperStoreSearch Team
> --------------------------
> Merchant Support

Hmm.  IMHO this isn't a question directly related to SWFTools.  More a support
question ( from a  commercial support entity ) on how to write a batch file in
Windows! ;o)

Let's see now.. what'll it be.. commercial support @ £45.00 per enquiry..
advice
and script assistance FOC.. all plus VAT at 17.5% ( take advantage, it'll be 20%
as from 4th January 2011 ), with all monies payable to the swftools project?
Fair would you say? ;o)

Of course, you could save on the above fee, with a spot of DIY, as in bringing
up the command prompt in whatever version of Windows you are running, typing
the word 'Help', then having a jolly good read.

Try this line in a .bat file, and see if it gives you a kick in the right
direction,

   FOR %%f IN ([Directory Path to pdfs]) DO echo "hello %%f"

When ready, simply substitute your pdf2swf command at the appropriate place.

HTH.

Regards,

Chris.
--