[Swftools-common] License for commercial desktop software and/or website

From: Ahmad ElDardiry
Subject: [Swftools-common] License for commercial desktop software and/or website one
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2009 21:25:40 +0300

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته
May peace and Allah Mercy and Blessings be upon you,

First, Thank you for these great tools.

I've searched the list for an answer to my questions, but I'm still not 100% sure, so please give a clear answer.

There are 2 options, and my questions are for both:

1- Use SWFTOOLS inside a commercial "Desktop" software.

2- Use SWFTOOLS inside a commercial website "service" (or application).

In both cases, I want to use just the binary executables (eg. swfc.exe, swfcombine.exe), no source code, linked libraries, ..., just calls made through command-line to exes.

I know from GPL that this is a 2 programs situation, so it's ok to license my program (including SWFTools) as commercial and closed source, but my questions are:

1- In my SWFTools Wwindows installed version, I have 23 files and folders inside the "SWFTools" folder. Does the GPL License imposes that I include ALL the 23 files (the entire SWFTools folder) in my commercial product (desktop/website application) ?

2- What are the credits I should include in the website application, and how ?

Thank you.

لا إله إلا الله
There is no god but Allah

أحمد