[Swftools-common] Badly balanced softmasks/transparency groups

From: Tony Stallan
Subject: [Swftools-common] Badly balanced softmasks/transparency groups
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 12:22:59 -0400

Hi All,

I have a client's pdf page that was created via InDesign that give me the internal error when converting to a swf.

"Badly balanced softmasks/transparency groups"

I know I can get round it by using -O1 but that produces it's own problems, which I finally solved by exporting the page as a Jpeg and then used jpeg2swf.

But what does this error actually mean and what causes the problem. I would like to avoid the error in future by solving the issue in the InDesign document.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards

Tony Stallan