Re: [Swftools-common] Add links and Pdf2swf

From: Chris Pugh
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Add links and Pdf2swf
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 11:47:48 +0000

[ I think you meant this to go to the list again, no?   I've forwarded it. ]

On-line and on-the-fly editor?  You don't want much *for nothing* do you
David?!    Why is it that everyone, from commercial entities to individuals,
simply expects as a matter of course,  to find exactly the 'free tool' they
were looking for out there, just for the taking?   Usually to make money
from it at someone else's the expense, and without the effort of lifting a
finger for themselves?    ;o)

That said, try these random links.  Firstly for those without a penny/cent
to their name,

     http://osflash.org/open_source_flash_projects

     http://flasm.sourceforge.net/

     http://www.swftools.org/links.html

secondly, should you be a Windows man,  and not entirely destitute,

    http://home.flashdig.com/

The obvious answer to your latter statement, is that there are developers
out there, that maybe through blood,sweat and tears, have become very
familiar with the Flash format and how to manipulate it!  They can either
sell their sklills and kinowledge and/or  ( those of them that are kindly souls
at any rate ), quite often produce software released under the Open Source
 banner.  Done just because they can.

HTH.

Chris.