[Swftools-common] pdf2swf overlapping polygon

From: Jarno Kyttälä
Subject: [Swftools-common] pdf2swf overlapping polygon
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2009 13:27:50 +0200

Hello again,

I also have another problem. Polygon fills that have points that overlap the fill itself cause "holes" to appear on the fill. I'm not sure I can explain this well enough, so I made an example:

SWF converted with pdf2swf:
http://jakki.org/pdf/overlap.swf

Original PDF:
http://jakki.org/pdf/overlap.pdf

I know that this behavior is expected when you draw a shape with built-in Flash drawing functions (beginFill, lineTo etc..). However this doesn't seem to apply to PDFs.

I guess pdf2swf just transcodes polygons from PDF to SWF, and this matter isn't taken into account.

Is there a way (hidden command line parameter, or tweaking the source code perhaps?) to get around the problem?

Thanks again!

Jarno K.