Re: [Swftools-common] XML.load()

From: Infos E-Blokos
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] XML.load()
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2008 17:08:39 -0500

Hi Mathias,

about this subject,
do you know haxe ?
www.haxe.org

Thanks

Franck
----- Original Message ----- From: "Matthias Kramm" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Saturday, November 29, 2008 6:08 PM

On Sat, Nov 29, 2008 at 12:34:24PM +0000, Chris Pugh <address@hidden> wrote:
> You might be interested to know that I'm working on an AS3 compiler,
> to be integrated into (among others) swfc.

Progress? ;o) Yes, I am interested. Presume info about this will be posted to
the maiing list is due course?

I'll make an announcement once it's usable enough. So far, it
can compile a number of AS3.0 "hello world" programs, but is
still missing most of the more advanced features.

What, may one ask,  is the 'among others' bit?

There'll e.g. be a standalone compiler, probably called "as3compile",
which will behave like Adobe's asc.
I'm also thinking about creating a new tool/language similar to swfc,
but where, instead of embedding ActionScript into a language designed
for creating visual elements (like bitmaps, shapes etc.), it's the
other way round, i.e. the graphics are embedded into the ActionScript.
This is the way it's done also e.g. by Flex's mxml, and it makes more sense
in today's Flash applications which are much more programmatic than
they used to be.

Greetings

believed to be clean.

believed to be clean.