Re: [Swftools-common] XML.load()

From: Chris Pugh
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] XML.load()
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2008 19:24:26 +0000

Hi there Imran,

Thanks for the response. ( Shouldn't your mail have gone via the list,
though?  I've fired this reply
back that that way. )

I'm attempting to load a plain text XML formatted file, with the
extension .xml, for example,
..
    <parent1>
          <sibling1></sibling1>
          <sibling2></sibling2>
          <sibling3></sibling3>
          <sibling4></sibling4>
    </parent1>

.. etc

All is tickety boo when the XML data is loaded directly, as in,

                var myXML = new XML("<parent1>.. .. </parent1>");

Since it's not file permissions, there are to my mind two possibles left:

      -   swfc doesn't understand the format of the XML file  I'm
using??   If so,
          able to enlighten me on where I may be going astray?

     -   swfc compiler is throwing a wobbly?  Unlikely,  especially if
others out
         there are not having a similar issue.

All clues gratefully accepted.

Thanks for your time.