Re: [Swftools-common] Using swfcombine to produce AVM2/AS3 compatible mo

From: Stefan Richter
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Using swfcombine to produce AVM2/AS3 compatible movies
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 10:01:33 +0000

Hi Matthias,
thanks for the reply.

I think it is working now - I must have made a mistake earlier with the swfcombine syntax. The SWFs I have were produced with the ispring SDK. They are Flash 7 compatible I believe. They do contain some ActionScript code, however this is not really needed and I do not mind it being stripped - however looking at the SWF using ASV I can see that the ActionScript still seems to be present, and not only that but I can also control the playback of animations contained within the viewport movieclip (this now contains all the content from the SWF I wanted to 'convert').

I am able to 'convert' these files now to AVM2 compatible movies with swfcombine:
swfcombine as3viewer.swf viewport=ispringslide.swf -o mycombinedswf.swf

Sorry if this is obvious to most of you, but I'm just trying to make this clear to myself.

Matthias, this is just brilliant. I should no be able to use ispring or similar tools to output fairly complex SWFs in AVM1, and then use swfcombine to allow me to control them inside an AVM2 application. This is much better than having to use a bridge SWF using Localconnection (usually required to talk from AVM1 SWFs to AVM2 SWFs)..

Thanks again for a great tool.

Stefan