Re: [Swftools-common] Using swfcombine to produce AVM2/AS3 compatible mo

From: Stefan Richter
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Using swfcombine to produce AVM2/AS3 compatible movies
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 21:51:01 +0000

Thank you Matthias.

Just to confirm, I know I cannot convert an AVM1 movie to an AVM2 movie, but what swfcombine allowed me to do was to modify the AVM1 movie using the viewer.swf approach so that it was AVM2 compatible (and I could for example call gotoAndStop() on a pdf2swf converted SWF which before running through swfcombine was not possible). I'm just wondering what the reason may be that the same thing does not seem to work with the SWF that was outputted by another application. Could swfcombine not take any AVM1 movie and 'merge' it with a viewer.swf like I have done?

Or are you saying that what I am trying fails because the input SWF may have too much or too complex ActionScript contained within?

Sorry if this makes little sense, I'm just trying to understand how the swftools work exactly in order to be clear what can and cannot be done. I'm extremely pleased with the conversions of pdf2swf itself.

Best wishes,

Stefan