Re: [Swftools-common] pdf2swf: ERROR: ID Table overflow

From: Vishnu Gopal
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] pdf2swf: ERROR: ID Table overflow
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 01:58:53 +0530

The patch makes the pdf I linked to compile to a working SWF (so I'm not sure about the inherent limitation in this instance, there does not seem to be any limitation). Some other pdfs that I have choke though (with red backgrounds for complex shapes): I assume this is the width, height < 1  check that you have in there.

It'd be great if you could figure out that fuzzy logic. I had a go at it and it's way beyond me :-)

Thanks,
Vish

On 10/28/06, Matthias Kramm <address@hidden> wrote:
On Sat, Oct 07, 2006 at 05:40:55PM +0530, Vishnu Gopal wrote:
> A trivial fix would be to just make it a long int and increase that check in
> static U16 getNewID (swf.c).

That's a creative patch :)

It makes the warning go away, but it doesn't to anything about the 16
bit restriction inherent in SWF.

At the moment, too complex PDFs simply won't work, because SWF can't
process more than 65536 objects. I'm working on this.
Greetings