Re: [Swftools-common] Wondering

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Wondering
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 13:54:44 +0200

On Sun, Sep 11, 2005 at 03:53:18PM -0800, James Revie wrote:
> Could you please give some further details on how this could be done--
> the easiest way.  How would I make the .sc file and how would it be
> best to do it on the fly?

The .sc file would probably look similar to this:

.flash name="variable.swf" version=6
    .action:
        _root.MyVariable = "value";
    .end
.end

This would be compiled with swfc, and then combined with the viewer
like this:

    swfcombine -Tm viewer.swf variable.swf -o combined.swf

Now your actionscript viewer should be able to access the variable
"MyVariable".

The .sc file itself could be generated by e.g. perl, or simply by
using some placeholder string and substituting that.

Greetings