Re: [Swftools-common] pdf2swf - font approximation

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] pdf2swf - font approximation
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 22:16:28 +0200

On Sat, Jun 25, 2005 at 08:16:55PM +0200, Michael Hansen wrote:
> Here's the first couple of page:
>
> http://www.wsp.dk/bi_26.html
>
> The image on the left is the Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.0. I've marked the
> differences with rectangles and arrows.

Thanks for the analysis.
Seem to be the PDF 1.5 transparency problem of xpdf (the pdf parser used
by pdf2swf).
Derek (the xpdf author) told me he'll look into that problem with the
next version (xpdf 3.01). Let's wait and see.

> I would say I've 'a has been' ;) Doing Java, and .Net now, and some
> open-source flash. Very interesting times for the flash commutative. I
> wonder how hard it would be to get started on C++ again? :o)

A transition from Java to C++ shouldn't be that hard, once you get used
to having to do all that tedius memory management again yourself.
The advantage of C++ is that you don't have to deal with those
gruesome (always broken) ant scripts anymore. :)

Greetings