[Swftools-common] Compile swftools 0.5.1 avitoswf On Suse 9.1 Fails

From: zipur
Subject: [Swftools-common] Compile swftools 0.5.1 avitoswf On Suse 9.1 Fails
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 14:57:49 -0600

Hi List,

 I found swftools while looking for a util that will convert avi to swf
... I use blender alot and need to convert some of the avi to flash :)

 When I compile I get the following:

=====================================
notice the :
checking whether we can compile the avifile test program... no
* Couldn't compile the avifile test program.
* Disabling avi2swf tool...
======================================

address@hidden:~/swftools-0.5.1> ./configure
creating cache ./config.cache
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc -Wparentheses -Wimplicit
-Wreturn-type -O -
fomit-frame-pointer  ) works... yes
checking whether the C compiler (gcc -Wparentheses -Wimplicit
-Wreturn-type -O -
fomit-frame-pointer  ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for c++... c++
checking whether the C++ compiler (c++ -Wparentheses -Wimplicit
-Wreturn-type -O
 -fomit-frame-pointer  ) works... yes
checking whether the C++ compiler (c++ -Wparentheses -Wimplicit
-Wreturn-type -O
 -fomit-frame-pointer  ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether we are using GNU C++... yes
checking whether c++ accepts -g... yes
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking whether ln -s works... yes
checking for Cygwin environment... no
checking for mingw32 environment... no
checking for ld used by GCC... /usr/i586-suse-linux/bin/ld
checking if the linker (/usr/i586-suse-linux/bin/ld) is GNU ld... yes
checking for /usr/i586-suse-linux/bin/ld option to reload object
files... -r
checking for BSD-compatible nm... /usr/bin/nm -B
checking for a sed that does not truncate output... /usr/bin/sed
checking how to recognise dependent libraries... pass_all
checking for object suffix... o
checking for executable suffix... no
checking command to parse /usr/bin/nm -B output... ok
checking for dlfcn.h... yes
checking for ranlib... (cached) ranlib
checking for strip... strip
checking for objdir... .libs
checking for gcc option to produce PIC... -fPIC
checking if gcc PIC flag -fPIC works... yes
checking if gcc static flag -static works... yes
checking if gcc supports -c -o file.o... yes
checking if gcc supports -c -o file.lo... yes
checking if gcc supports -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions... yes
checking whether the linker (/usr/i586-suse-linux/bin/ld) supports
shared librar
ies... yes
checking dynamic linker characteristics... GNU/Linux ld.so
checking whether -lc should be explicitly linked in... no
creating libtool
checking for gzip... gzip
checking for executable suffix... (cached) no
checking for executable suffix... (cached) no
checking for target system...
checking for sin in -lm... yes
checking for deflate in -lz... yes
checking for jpeg_write_raw_data in -ljpeg... yes
checking for T1_LoadFont in -lt1... no
checking for freetype-config... freetype-config
checking for FT_Init_FreeType in -lfreetype... yes
checking for freetype/freetype.h... no
checking for byte order... little endian
checking whether system() can handle command substitution... yes
checking for dirent.h that defines DIR... yes
checking for opendir in -ldir... no
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for zlib.h... yes
checking for jpeglib.h... yes
checking for t1lib.h... no
checking for assert.h... yes
checking for signal.h... yes
checking for pthread.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... yes
checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for dirent.h... yes
checking for sys/bsdtypes.h... no
checking for sys/ndir.h... no
checking for sys/dir.h... yes
checking for ndir.h... no
checking for time.h... yes
checking for working const... yes
checking for inline... inline
checking for off_t... yes
checking for size_t... yes
checking whether struct tm is in sys/time.h or time.h... time.h
checking for boolean... no
checking for bool... no
checking for popen... yes
checking for mkstemp... yes
checking for stat... yes
checking for lrand48... yes
checking for rand... yes
checking for srand48... yes
checking for srand... yes
checking for bcopy... yes
checking for bzero... yes
checking for time... yes
checking for avifile-config... avifile-config
checking for avifile/version.h... yes
checking for version.h... yes
checking whether we can compile the avifile test program... no
* Couldn't compile the avifile test program.
* Disabling avi2swf tool...
The following headers/libraries are missing:  t1lib t1lib.h
Disabling pdf2swf tool...
updating cache ./config.cache
creating ./config.status
creating ./release
creating Makefile.common
creating Makefile
creating lib/lame/Makefile
creating lib/Makefile
creating lib/action/Makefile
creating src/Makefile
creating swfs/Makefile
creating config.h

Any help on how to get avitoswf working would be great! :)

I have tried several versions of avifile, all have same result ...

Thanks

Zipur