Re: [Swarm-Support] looking for Collection.m

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] looking for Collection.m
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 16:45:30 -0700

Corinne Coen wrote:

I have no collection.m file. In notice that in swarm-2.1.1, the collections folder contains the collection.m file. I am using swarm-2.2. In usr/include/swarm/collections/ there is a Collection.h file. In fact, all the files in this collections folder are .h files. Is this correct? I cannot find a Collection.m file anywhere. Does this suggest that my swarm-2.2 is not installed completely? If it is installed completely, where can I find the Collection.m file?

Right, Collections.m is a part of the source code of Swarm. You don't actually need Swarm source code to run a model or write one, but you sometimes need it to debug one and to fully understand why something fails. The most recent source code is available as described here:

http://savannah.nongnu.org/cvs/?group=swarm

If you are using a binary of Swarm, you may want to get the associated source code for that binary which will be some snapshot of the CVS tree. On a Redhat/Fedora system this will be packaged as a `SRPM'. It's important to have aligned source code with your binary.
You can also make your own binary by building Swarm from source code.

Marcus