[Swarm-Support] Re: Swarm on Fedora Core 5

From: Paul Johnson
Subject: [Swarm-Support] Re: Swarm on Fedora Core 5
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 19:25:18 -0500

Greetings, Crile and others:

I have RPMS that do work on FC5. I have been doing some testing. Some updating to the Swarm source code was necessary and the fixes are most obvious for Objective-C, but maybe it just seems that way to me because that's the part I understand best. MGD sent me a patch that makes java programs work too, but he said that more fiddling might help this in the future.

The RPMs have a swarm version number 2.2.2. They have a few little fixes that are not in Swarm CVS yet, but will be soon enough. I believe CVS does compile now as it is.

So I will post them on my site on tomorrow or Monday. I'd do it right now, but I'm traveling in Chicago, Illinois, and connectivity is not super great.

WHen these things get posted, they will be on my new site http://pj.freefaculty.org, but I think if you go to the old KU address http://lark.cc.ku.edu/~pauljohn you will get forwarded to the same place.

pj

Crile Doscher wrote:
Hi there Paul,
Just wondering if you'd had any feedback on Swarm 2.2 running under Fedora Core 5. I'm just tweaking an installation and was planning on using your rpms but note they go up to FC4. I may just go ahead and install them and let you know how I go. It'll be nice to move away from Cygwin though I'm still wedded enough to Win that I'm running Fedora as a virtual machine - a reasonably good compromise thus far. Thanks -
Crile

Dr Crile Doscher
Natural Resources Engineering
Lincoln University
Canterbury
New Zealand

Professor, Political Science          http://pj.freefaculty.org
1541 Lilac Lane, Rm 504 University of Kansas Office: (785) 864-9086