Re: [Swarm-Support] Java swarm help with Log File

From: durga bhavani
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] Java swarm help with Log File
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 19:35:20 -0800 (PST)

Hello

when I am Including this code in the ModelSwarm I am getting the above error
This I am writing in buildActions()

sel = SwarmUtils.getSelector("MyMathsClass","addEmUp");
modelActions.createActionTo$message(leaderList,sel);

where sel = new Selector(Class.forName(name), method, false);

 Thanks
Durga

"Marcus G. Daniels" <address@hidden> wrote:
durga bhavani wrote:

> When I am trying to run my program it is terminating and giving me a
> log file

Sorry, there's not enough information in the log file to say. One
thing to do is to call System.out.println in places you expect to be
called in order to follow the execution of the simulation. As you add
more, you'll eventually bound the conditions of the failure to the point
you can see the failing code. Chances are it will be some uninitialized
target object, a bad method name, or the like. Using a Java debugger,
or even gdb (a native code debugger) is another way to control the
program's execution, but following either can be confusing as the
simulator is issuing your methods via native calls. Compiling java code
is quick, so it isn't that cumbersome just to keep changing
instrumentation and iterating until you find the information you need.