Re: [Swarm-Support] Swarm and opteron machines II

From: Paul Johnson
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] Swarm and opteron machines II
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 09:10:01 -0500

I need to have a more complete report before I can guess what is wrong. It is probably the case that your configure statement is not right or your version of gcc is not right. We run into some inexplicable problems when people do the build in the source tree, for example (see SwarmFaq for recommended approach). I'm curious to know the success you have building blt, hdf5, and which jdk you are using.

Recently, I built RPMS on a SUSE 9.3 system (they are on my lark account), but that was a Pentium architecture. I don't have any AMD systems to play with.

THe snip you have below is not a big enough piece of compiler output.

pj

David Camacho Trujillo wrote:
Hi dear all,

We are trying to install swarm on an AMD opteron machine (SUSE 9.2 installed, but we have previously succeed on this Linux version). And after ./configure, which runs fine, on the make step we get this error message:

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [findImp] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/data/src/swarm-2.2/tools'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/data/src/swarm-2.2'
make: *** [all] Error 2

Does any one know where the problem could be?

Many thanks in advance, David