Re: [Swarm-Support] When did gcc get so lenient about the location of va

From: Bill Northcott
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] When did gcc get so lenient about the location of variable declarations?
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 17:40:43 +1100

On 15/03/2005, at 4:15 PM, Paul Johnson wrote:
I got inspired and tried that. Here's the compiler error:

So I tried with cutting out the <> brackets,

@protocol SomeOtherProtocol ;

and the error then changes to reject the eventual full declaration of the SomeOtherProtocol because it had already had a protocol declaration.

What was the code with context that gave rise to the first error you documented?

Here is the link to the formal specification of the relevant language grammar: http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Cocoa/Conceptual/ObjectiveC/ LanguageGrammar/chapter_6_section_2.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/20001429/ TPXREF101

or for the whole Objective-C manual:
http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Cocoa/Conceptual/ObjectiveC/ index.html

Bill