Re: [Swarm-Support] When did gcc get so lenient about the location of va

From: Bill Northcott
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] When did gcc get so lenient about the location of variable declarations?
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 11:13:41 +1100

On 15/03/2005, at 4:13 AM, Paul Johnson wrote:
I need help with one piece of syntax. Recall you can tell the compiler that a class exists, although it has not been presented yet, with the directive

@class TheClassName

IF you do that, then you can use (TheClassName *) as a return type and the compiler does not bother you.

What is the equivalent declaration for a protocol?

From the Objective-C language manual syntax definitions:

        protocol-declaration:
        @protocol protocol-name
        [ protocol-reference-list ]
        [ interface-declaration-list ]
        @end

        protocol-declaration-list:
        @protocol < protocol-list  > ;

        class-declaration-list:
        @class class-list ;

Which is hopefully self-explanatory.  So I guess you need:
@protocol < SomeProtocol SomeOtherProtocol >;

Bill